OverviewThis 2000 mL ECO Funnel with Lid fits 2 & 5 gallon Justrite Safety containers
Fits the following containers:
- 2 gal JUSTRITE Safety Can EC-1275120 (plain)
- 2 gal JUSTRITE Safety Can JP-PP12752 (polypropylene HPLC quick disconnect fittings)
- 2 gal JUSTRITE Safety Can JP-TF12752 (stainless steel HPLC quick-disconnect fittings)
- 5 gal Safety Can EC-1275450 (plain)
- 5 gal Safety Can JP-PP127v55 (polypropylene HPLC quick disconnect fittings)
- 5 gal Safety Can JP-TF12755(stainless steel HPLC quick-disconnect fittings)
Minimize emissions from JUSTRITE open waste containers by equipping them with a Safety ECO Funnel™. Durable HDPE funnel on top of a JUSTRITE container provides a wider, strategically placed opening at the funnel top, which facilitates controlled pouring without the risk of a spill. Once the ECO Funnel™ lid is closed it will reduce evaporation of hazardous waste. JUSTRITE containers are FM approved and equipped with a flame arrestor that is not inhibited by having the ECO Funnel™ attached. **HPLC Quick Disconnect Fittings (shown) not included.
The 8" ECO funnel™ is made of HDPE and has a 2000 mL fluid capacity. Features an easy use lid, gasket, and positive latch to close lid and maintain an air-tight seal. A filter is also built into the interior to reduce the loss of stir sticks or other particles in the waste liquid. An 11" stem also reduces chemical evaporation of hazardous solvents in the lab. Funnel top without the stem measures 9"W x 11"L.
Features of the ECO Funnel™
The ECO Funnel™ is the ultimate lab safety product for collection of hazardous liquid waste. Its unique, patented design performs two functions, acting as both a sealed waste container and a solvent funnel.
- Solves the "open waste container" problem.
- Prevents emissions of 99.9% of volatile waste solvents, acids, and bases in the laboratory.
- Maintains an average cost of approximately $0.07 per day, assuming a four-year product use.
- Has a unique, patented design that meets most local, state and federal safety regulations and requirements.
- May be used again and again and resists nearly all corrosive chemicals.
- Is considered a state of the art product by environmental health and safety officers and industry professionals.
- Applies to Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Academic and Government laboratories and is widely used.
The following Federal Regulations (EPA / OSHA) can be met through regular use of ECO Funnel systems and secondary containment:
29 CFR 1910.1450 (Appnx. A) E.1(b): "Avoidance of routine exposure: develop and encourage safe habits; avoid unnecessary exposure to chemicals by any route."
29 CFR 1910.1450 (Appnx. A): D.11(e): "Indiscriminate disposal by pouring waste chemicals down the drain or adding them to mixed refuse for landfill burial is unacceptable. Hoods should not be used as a means of disposal for volatile chemicals."
40 CFR 264.173(a):"A container holding hazardous waste must always be closed during storage except with it is necessary to add or remove waste."
40 CFR 264.175(b)(3): "The containment system must have sufficient capacity to contain 10% of the volume of containers or the volume of the largest container, whichever is greater..."
29 CFR 1910.1450 Appnx. A) D.2(b): "Stockrooms/Storerooms: ...chemicals which are highly toxic or other chemicals whose containers have been opened should be in unbreakable secondary containers..."